Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 1: 40 Days to Personal Revolution

From: sekayoga.wordpress.com

I've heard time and time again, "Be careful what you wish for." Today, I was listening to NPR, and there was a story about a young woman who decided to take the advice of Seventeen Magazine for an entire month and to blog about it. While her journey is completely irrelevant to what I am about to share, it did generate a thought in my mind. This blog has been sitting idle for well over a year, and while I have received positive feedback about my writing, I have lacked the inspiration to write daily. And seeing that successful blogs are updated at least once daily, I thought to myself (here's the wish)-I wish I had something like a journey or quest or challenge to document on my blog.

Well!
Tonight, I made a personal recommitment to practicing yoga again. I lost my job, got depressed, fell away from practicing...blah blah blah. So tonight, I came back to yoga. Awesome.

Well...
Be careful what you ask for. I went into yoga just for the practice, but I left signed up for the 40 Days to Personal Revolution at MBody Yoga. So here is my quest: I will document my challenges, breakthroughs, learnings, food intake, meditations, and yoga practices for the next 40 days.

The best thing about this is that is actually coincides with another little challenge I have with my boyfriend. We wagered a champagne sailboat picnic and a Sunday Brunch at Casa Monica (I'm winning the sailboat picnic...he only thinks he will be dining at Casa Monica). The person who loses the most body fat percentage by August 1st (which happens to be 40 days from now) wins said wager.

Let the Revolution begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment