Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 3: Laws 1 & 2

From: sekayoga.wordpress.com

Yesterday was my mother's birthday; she is 52 years young. It was like any other day with the family, except there was more attention to each person in the family. This was the first time, I can recall that we didn't turn the television on, but rather we were all together, making dinner and memories together.

My visit home reminded me of these fundamental laws. The first and second Laws of Transformation are 1: Seek the Truth, and 2: Be Willing to Come Apart, although, I think that the order should be flipped. The past three months have shown me what it means to come apart. To come apart is to lose control of things. It's all about control.

I've had a very tight handle on things in my life. I am a planner, a doer, an achiever. I have had to learn to let go of the reigns and let the flow take me where I am supposed to go. This became clear to me, during my teacher certification program at MBody Yoga, but became very evident when, what I will call, my series of unfortunate events began to hit. 1. My roommate moved out to be with the love of his life. 2. I was terminated from the best job I have ever had. 3. My car insurance dropped me. 4. I got a speeding ticket. In other words, the hits just kept coming and I kept taking them. I had no control. I was scared.

Law 2: Be Willing to Come Apart. I couldn't come any more apart (well....I could); I know that all this is happening for a reason. I trust that the universe is making space for something big...I mean making BIG space for something HUGE! "The only time we ever really know the truth of life is when the rug has been pulled out from underneath us." So there I was, standing on the bare cold floor minus my rug, when I realized the truth (enter Law 1: Seek the Truth).

The truth of life is love. I found out who in my life truly loved and cared for me when I was most vulnerable. It was the most humbling thing for me to accept help and show weakness, but I put trust in the relationships that I have. I was surprised who stood up for me, besides my mom and stepdad who are always behind me, one particular person stood up for me and helped me the most. The surprise is in the fact that this person has been so difficult to contact, that I would say he was not in my life, but he has always kept a finger on my pulse, even from afar and he stepped up when I needed him the most. I am grateful. I am humbled. I am loved. And that is the truth.

Mom said this was her best birthday ever. I agree.

PS. Meditation Mission: I haven't meditated in the evening the past two nights...I need to make time before I crash into my pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment