Monday, July 12, 2010

Week 4 - EQUANIMITY

1. How much do I believe the winds of grace support me, and how does this play out in my everyday life?
I wasn’t sure what “winds of grace” exactly met, so I googled it and found these great quotes below:

Louisa May Alcott: “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning how to sail my ship”.
Jimmy Dean: “I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. To reach the port of heaven, we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it, but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor”.
William Arthur Ward: “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails”.
?: “As we sail through life, don’t avoid rough waters, sail on because calm waters won’t make a skillful sailor”.

At the almost age of 60, I am finally realizing that life is up and down and that it is exactly as it’s supposed to be. I am trusting more, trying to control less, and understanding that I can learn from all my experiences, relationships, etc., and nothing is a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment